This toxin is commonly used to produce plastic for hard, clear (sometimes tinted): bowls, storage containers, baby bottles, sippy cups, tableware, water/juice/sports bottles, etc. It is also found in other products that seem to be less publicized like the liners inside soda & food cans, liners of popular baby formulas, dental sealant (to prevent cavities), pet carriers, and sports safety equipment.
Why avoid this substance? It takes just a small dose of this chemical for its intake to result in various health issues including:
- precancerous tumors
- early onset of puberty in females
- decline in semen quality in males
- uro-genital abnormalities in males
- Use glass and stainless steel containers whenever possible - even when storing food
- NEVER heat in plastic
- Reduce (or even eliminate) the use of canned foods/beverages
- Be especially cautious if you are nursing or pregnant as this chemical passes through your bloodstream directly to your baby!